13 - 15 October, 2020
Hyatt Regency Barcelona Tower
44 (0) 207 368 9465
Agenda Day One - Tuesday 9th October 2018
8:00 am - 8:45 am Registration and welcome coffee
Rethinking your Procurement Strategy
8:45 am - 8:50 am Opening remarks – Letitia Thomas, Programme Director, WBR
8:50 am - 9:00 am Chair’s opening address and networking activityCath Hill - Group Director CIPS
9:00 am - 9:20 am INSPIRATIONAL ADDRESS How to develop a digital and cultural transformation strategy to inspire your leaders and employees to become a fully digitalised procurement team of the futureThierry Larroque - VP Procurement Digital Transformation Airbus
Thierry LarroqueVP Procurement Digital Transformation
9:20 am - 9:40 am TRANSFORMATION: How to bring together your procurement and supply chain teams to create better control, cost ownership and collaborationBenedict Lannoye - CPO Bombardier
9:40 am - 10:00 am Rebuilding for the future: How to restructure your procurement function to enhance creativity, fight challenges and shape your digital team of tomorrow
10:00 am - 10:20 am PRESENTATION How can you identify new digitalisation initiatives to make your supply chain and procurement operations more efficient and effective?
10:20 am - 11:00 am Networking Break
Embracing the Future of Disruptive Technology
11:00 am - 11:40 am ALL STAR PANEL Digital procurement: How can you ease the transformation process to ensure the smooth roll-out of your brand new eProcurement or RPA system?Cath Hill - Group Director CIPS Bodo Bokaemper - Procurement Director BMW Christophe Villain - Head of Procurement Excellence Nestle Selim Goksu - Deputy General Manager Central Purchasing Vestel Xander de Jong - Senior Manager & Head of Procurement Transformation Netherlands Capgemini
Bodo BokaemperProcurement Director
Christophe VillainHead of Procurement Excellence
Selim GoksuDeputy General Manager Central Purchasing
11:40 am - 11:50 am How can you improve tail spend management to free up resources for high-value projects?Florian Böhme - Director Amazon Business Germany
- What are the steps you need to take before you can implement a new digital or automated process in your procurement function?
- How can you best cut down the tasks within your procurement process in order to make it possible to automate?
- How can you ensure that the technology you are looking to implement will be compatible with your procurement process and how can you adjust this to fit your requirements?
- What are the best strategies to gain buy in from your team to manage the change in processes
Amazon Business Germany
12:10 pm - 12:15 pm Capgemini’s Digital Procurement Research 2018Xander de Jong - Senior Manager & Head of Procurement Transformation Netherlands Capgemini
12:15 pm - 12:55 pm Inspirational Guest speaker: Cathy O’Dowd ‘Think like an explorer; The art of doing things that have never been done before’
12:55 pm - 2:05 pm Networking lunch
12:55 pm - 2:05 pm AMAZON MASTERCLASS: How can you implement a dynamic marketplace model in your procurement strategy to increase visibility and efficiency in your organisation?Christopher Kallscheid - Head of Alliances & Partnerships DACH Amazon
TRACK A – Driving Digital Procurement Operations2:05 pm - 2:10 pm Opening remarks from the chair
TRACK A – Driving Digital Procurement Operations2:10 pm - 2:50 pm ALL STAR PANEL How can you engage your internal stakeholders to jointly build your requirements for an eProcurement system and develop a process that has the buy-in of all parties?
- How can you ensure that internal stakeholders are supportive of a new digital system?
- What are the best ways to train internal stakeholders in a new process?
- How can you effectively manage expectations?
- What steps do you need to take in order to start to implement a new eProcurement system?
TRACK A – Driving Digital Procurement Operations2:50 pm - 3:10 pm How will you enable your team to prepare for the future of procurement?
- Implement an updated procurement operating model
- Shift to a strategic category management mindset
- Drive a culture of urgency, responsiveness, and agile procurement
- Develop sustainable competencies
TRACK B – Rethinking Organisational Set-up2:05 pm - 2:10 pm Opening remarks from the chair
TRACK B – Rethinking Organisational Set-up2:10 pm - 2:50 pm ALL STAR PANEL How can you implement a training scheme to develop and retain top procurement talent and ensure your procurement function is capable of keeping up with a changing world?
- What retention schemes have helped to keep top procurement talent?
- What talent profiles do you need to target in order to build a procurement function that is future-ready?
- How can you implement development and training that will help your procurement team to prepare for a changing role?
TRACK B – Rethinking Organisational Set-up2:50 pm - 3:10 pm How can you reach new talent from unconventional backgrounds and employ effective competence models to develop a strong procurement team? Pavel Pölzer - Chief Procurement Officer Penta Investments
Pavel PölzerChief Procurement Officer
SYNERGY WORKSHOPS Limited to 30 attendees2:05 pm - 3:05 pm Improving internal communication: How to showcase your increasingly mature procurement function and improve your status as a valued business partner Virgine Gauthier-Pavloff - Associate Director Procurement Former - Bristol-Myers Squibb
CREATIVE BOARDROOMS - Indirect Spend2:00 pm - 3:10 pm Private Afternoon Tea hosted by Inspirational Speaker Cathy O’Dowd
3:10 pm - 4:00 pm Networking break
3:10 pm - 4:00 pm GEP MASTERCLASS Driving Digital Transformation: Execution excellence though unified dataRene Petri - Senior Director - Consulting GEP Franck Capron - Director European Category Advisory & eProcurement SME GEP
TRACK A – Driving Digital Procurement Operations4:00 pm - 4:40 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE How to review your organisational and digitalised operations to further develop a procurement team of the future Christophe Villain - Head of Procurement Excellence Nestle
- What do you need to do before you can implement automation?
- How can you demonstrate the ROI of an automated system?
- How is it more cost and time efficient to use automation?
- What are the activities that can be effectively automated?
Christophe VillainHead of Procurement Excellence
TRACK A – Driving Digital Procurement Operations4:40 pm - 5:00 pm CHEP Navigates Transportation Procurement with FMIC Olga Rissin - Senior Product Manager FMCI Europe & Russia Chainalytics Michael Gierloff - Director Transport Procurement & Supply Chain Collaboration Europe CHEP
Olga RissinSenior Product Manager FMCI Europe & Russia
Michael GierloffDirector Transport Procurement & Supply Chain Collaboration Europe
TRACK B – Rethinking Organisational Set-up4:00 pm - 4:40 pm ALL STAR PANEL How can you position your procurement team to attract top talent who will become future leaders and vital business partners in your organisation? Ralf Garczorz - CPO Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Pascal Gielen - CPO Thales
TRACK B – Rethinking Organisational Set-up4:40 pm - 5:00 pm How to implement behavioural and attitude change towards ‘collaboration and strategy’ in your team’s stakeholder engagement skill-set: What can you learn from other business functions including marketing and IT? Mark Webb - Managing Director Future Purchasing
SYNERGY WORKSHOPS Limited to 30 attendees4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Improving internal communication: How to showcase your increasingly mature procurement function and improve your status as a valued business partner Virgine Gauthier-Pavloff - Associate Director Procurement Former - Bristol-Myers Squibb
CREATIVE BOARDROOMS4:00 pm - 5:00 pm How can you improve engagement with ’emotive’ or ‘difficult’ business lines to reduce unnecessary costs and improve supplier relationships?
- How can you collect and analyse more data in order to have better visibility across all spend areas?
- How can you ensure compliance across all business lines in order to maintain good oversight?
- What are the best strategies to ensure supplier relationships with procurement are strong so that you are their first point of contact?
- How can you identify the areas with less visibility in order to improve this?
- Aamir Shaukat, CPO, Jacobs Dowue Egberts- ‘Aamir is an internationally experienced and results-oriented Senior Procurement Leader with a proven record of developing and transforming leading edge procurement function as well as building progressive, high performing, multinational procurement teams. He is experienced in developing strategic sourcing teams in improving business skills, building relationships with internal stakeholders and driving Procurement towards strategic business partnering with business units to contribute to bottom line savings and top line growth through effective supplier relationship management. Currently, as a head of procurement for Jacobs Douwe Egberts, a leading global coffee & tea company, Aamir manages a multi-billion dollar spend and a diverse team located across different regions.
5:00 pm - 5:30 pm CIPS AWARDS WINNERS PANEL Success stories: How can you effectively demonstrate the ROI of your new eProcurement technology to senior management to secure budget for your next project?Cath Hill - Group Director CIPS Levent Topcu - Technical Procurement Director Turkcell Hakan Kurtulmuş - Supply Manager Vestel Elektronik
- How can you build knowledge among your stakeholders and suppliers to be able to use new digital systems effectively?
- How can you overcome objections to a changing process from stakeholders?
- What are the best strategies to ensure compliance with new systems in order to ensure you have oversight of all transactions?
- How can you support your suppliers when moving to a new process or eProcurement platform?
Levent TopcuTechnical Procurement Director
Hakan KurtulmuşSupply Manager