09 - 11 October, 2018
Corinthia Hotel, Prague
44 (0) 207 368 9465
Agenda Day 1
8:00 am - 8:45 am Registration and welcome coffee
8:45 am - 8:50 am Opening remarks – Letitia Thomas, Programme Director, WBR
9:00 am - 9:20 am NSPIRATIONAL ADDRESS How to develop a digital and cultural transformation strategy to inspire your leaders and employees to become a fully digitalised procurement team of the futureThierry Larroque - VP Procurement Digital Transformation Airbus
· How to make the business case for the value-add of procurement in your organisation
· What are the most successful strategies to gain the buy-in of your senior management to procurement transformation projects?
· How can you develop the position of procurement in order to become a valued business partner rather than just a cost-cutting department?
· What I look for: how to demonstrate the ROI on an expanded procurement function that can add more value to the organisation
Thierry LarroqueVP Procurement Digital Transformation
9:20 am - 9:40 am TRANSFORMATION: How to bring together your procurement and supply chain teams to create better control, cost ownership and collaborationBenedict Lannoye - CPO Bombardier
· How does transformation really work?
· How can you successfully make and implement a transformation strategy?
· How can you influence your business lines to drive transformation and improvement?
· How do you maintain your transformation project?
9:40 am - 10:00 am Rebuilding for the future: How to restructure your procurement function to enhance creativity, fight challenges and shape your digital team of tomorrowBjoern Hofbauer - Head of Procurement & General Affairs Samsung
10:30 am - 11:10 am Networking Break
11:10 am - 11:40 am CIPS AWARDS WINNERS PANEL Success stories: How can you effectively demonstrate the ROI of your new eProcurement technology to senior management to secure budget for your next project?Cath Hill - Group Director CIPS Simeon Mellor - Head of Global Commercial Categories, Global Procurement Team AstraZeneca Levent Topcu - Technical Procurement Director Turkcell Mehmet Taban - Purchasing Specialist Vestel
· How can you make the business case to senior management for implementing a new technology?
· How can you make the business case to expand a pilot project?
· What systems and technologies will offer you the highest ROI in your procurement function?
· How can you demonstrate an added value of procurement through reducing the number of tactical and admin activities in your department?
Simeon MellorHead of Global Commercial Categories, Global Procurement Team
Levent TopcuTechnical Procurement Director
Mehmet TabanPurchasing Specialist
11:40 am - 11:50 am How can you improve tail spend management to free up resources for high-value projects?Florian Böhme - Director Amazon Business Germany
- What are the steps you need to take before you can implement a new digital or automated process in your procurement function?
- How can you best cut down the tasks within your procurement process in order to make it possible to automate?
- How can you ensure that the technology you are looking to implement will be compatible with your procurement process and how can you adjust this to fit your requirements?
- What are the best strategies to gain buy in from your team to manage the change in processes
Amazon Business Germany
11:50 am - 12:10 pm iValua Case Study
12:10 pm - 12:50 pm ALL STAR PANEL Digital procurement: How can you ease the transformation process to ensure the smooth roll-out of your brand new eProcurement or RPA system?Cath Hill - Group Director CIPS Bodo Bokaemper - Procurement Director BMW Zsolt Szeker - Head of Telecom & IT Solutions Procurement Nokia Christophe Villain - Head of Procurement Excellence Nestle Selim Goksu - Deputy General Manager Central Purchasing Vestel
- How can you build knowledge among your stakeholders and suppliers to be able to use new digital systems effectively?
- How can you overcome objections to a changing process from stakeholders?
- What are the best strategies to ensure compliance with new systems in order to ensure you have oversight of all transactions?
- How can you support your suppliers when moving to a new process or eProcurement platform?
Bodo BokaemperProcurement Director
Zsolt SzekerHead of Telecom & IT Solutions Procurement
Christophe VillainHead of Procurement Excellence
Selim GoksuDeputy General Manager Central Purchasing
12:50 pm - 1:30 pm Inspirational Guest speaker: Cathy O’Dowd
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm Networking lunch
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm Private lunch hosted by Cathy O’Dowd
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm AMAZON MASTERCLASS: How can you implement a dynamic marketplace model in your procurement strategy to increase visibility and efficiency in your organisation?Burkard F. M. Schemmel - Head of Enterprise Customers & Professional Services DACH, CEE, Benelux
Burkard F. M. SchemmelHead of Enterprise Customers & Professional Services
DACH, CEE, Benelux
TRACK A – Driving Digital Procurement Operations2:30 pm - 2:40 pm Opening remarks from the chair Mildred Matesan - Strategy & Sourcing Development Manager Ericsson
TRACK A – Driving Digital Procurement Operations2:40 pm - 3:00 pm How can you improve collaboration with your supply chain to bring in new innovation projects to your organisation?
TRACK A – Driving Digital Procurement Operations3:00 pm - 3:40 pm ALL STAR PANEL How can you engage your internal stakeholders to jointly build your requirements for an eProcurement system and develop a process that has the buy-in of all parties? Mildred Matesan - Strategy & Sourcing Development Manager Ericsson Ciaran Owens - Head of Procurement Excellence Imperial Tobacco Anton Sibanov - Contract Management Director MTS Zsolt Szeker - Head of Telecom & IT Solutions Procurement Nokia Florian Eineder - Head of Procurement ERDINGER Weißbräu
- How can you ensure that internal stakeholders are supportive of a new digital system?
- What are the best ways to train internal stakeholders in a new process?
- How can you effectively manage expectations?
- What steps do you need to take in order to start to implement a new eProcurement system?
Ciaran OwensHead of Procurement Excellence
Anton SibanovContract Management Director
Zsolt SzekerHead of Telecom & IT Solutions Procurement
Florian EinederHead of Procurement
TRACK B – Rethinking Organisational Set-up2:30 pm - 2:40 pm Opening remarks from the chair Mark Adams - Former VP Business Transformation and Purchasing Volvo, Mark W Adams Consulting
TRACK B – Rethinking Organisational Set-up2:40 pm - 3:00 pm How can you reach new talent from unconventional backgrounds and employ effective competence models to develop a strong procurement team? Andrew Vanstone - Vice President Global Procurement Amcor
· What backgrounds do the best procurement professionals come from?
· How can you implement standard competency models across your procurement function
· What are the best ways to reach new talent?
Andrew VanstoneVice President Global Procurement
TRACK B – Rethinking Organisational Set-up3:00 pm - 3:40 pm ALL STAR PANEL How can you implement a training scheme to develop and retain top procurement talent and ensure your procurement function is capable of keeping up with a changing world? Mark Adams - Former VP Business Transformation and Purchasing Volvo, Mark W Adams Consulting Jim Noone - Global Head of Projects and Development Procurement LafargeHolcim Aamir Shaukat - Head of Global Procurement Jacobs Douwe Egberts Thomas Michaelis - Material Group Manager HR and Management Consulting Services SWAROVSKI
- What retention schemes have helped to keep top procurement talent?
- What talent profiles do you need to target in order to build a procurement function that is future-ready?
- How can you implement development and training that will help your procurement team to prepare for a changing role?
Jim NooneGlobal Head of Projects and Development Procurement
Aamir ShaukatHead of Global Procurement
Jacobs Douwe Egberts
Thomas MichaelisMaterial Group Manager HR and Management Consulting Services
SYNERGY WORKSHOPS Limited to 30 attendees2:30 pm - 3:40 pm Change management: How to gain internal support for your transformation projects prior to and during implementation across your organisation Özgür Oklap - Business Transformation Manager Bombardier
- How can you encourage engagement with procurement across hard-to-reach internal business lines?
- What are the best ways to overcome objections to enforcing a new procurement process?
- How can you achieve support for a transformation process within your team?
- What are the best strategies to achieve seamless integration of new technology into your procurement process?
Özgür OklapBusiness Transformation Manager
CREATIVE BOARDROOMS2:30 pm - 3:40 pm Risk mitigation: How can you demonstrate you risk management strategy as a priority to internal stakeholders to create value for your business? Marcel Van Wonderen - Global Supply Chain & Procurement Transformation Risk Leader IBM Global Procurement
Marcel Van WonderenGlobal Supply Chain & Procurement Transformation Risk Leader
IBM Global Procurement
3:40 pm - 4:20 pm Networking break
TRACK A – Driving Digital Procurement Operations4:20 pm - 4:40 pm Chainalytics case study
TRACK A – Driving Digital Procurement Operations4:40 pm - 5:20 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE How to review your organisational and digitalised operations to further develop a procurement team of the future Christophe Van Riel - Vice President Procurement Ecolab
- What do you need to do before you can implement automation?
- How can you demonstrate the ROI of an automated system?
- How is it more cost and time efficient to use automation?
- What are the activities that can be effectively automated?
Christophe Van RielVice President Procurement
TRACK B – Rethinking Organisational Set-up4:20 pm - 4:40 pm How to implement behavioural and attitude change towards ‘collaboration and strategy’ in your team’s stakeholder engagement skill-set: What can you learn from other business functions including marketing and IT?
TRACK B – Rethinking Organisational Set-up4:40 pm - 5:20 pm ALL STAR PANEL How can you position your procurement team to attract top talent who will become future leaders and vital business partners in your organisation? Ralf Garczorz - CPO Johnson & Johnson Pascal Gielen - CPO Thales Kristian Saksida - Chief Procurement Officer Solvay Andrew Vanstone - Vice President Global Procurement Amcor Paolo Baldo - Deputy CPO Mobile Telesystems
SYNERGY WORKSHOPS Limited to 30 attendees4:20 pm - 5:20 pm Improving internal communication: How to showcase your increasingly mature procurement function and improve your status as a valued business partner Virgine Gauthier-Pavloff - Associate Director Procurement Former - Bristol-Myers Squibb
CREATIVE BOARDROOMS4:20 pm - 5:20 pm How can you improve engagement with ’emotive’ or ‘difficult’ business lines to reduce unnecessary costs and improve supplier relationships? Aamir Shaukat - Head of Global Procurement Jacobs Douwe Egberts
- How can you collect and analyse more data in order to have better visibility across all spend areas?
- How can you ensure compliance across all business lines in order to maintain good oversight?
- What are the best strategies to ensure supplier relationships with procurement are strong so that you are their first point of contact?
- How can you identify the areas with less visibility in order to improve this?
Aamir ShaukatHead of Global Procurement
Jacobs Douwe Egberts