09 - 11 October, 2018
Corinthia Hotel, Prague
44 (0) 207 368 9465
Agenda Day 3
8:00 am - 8:45 am Registration and welcome coffee
8:45 am - 8:50 am Opening remarks – Letitia Thomas, Programme Director, WBR
8:50 am - 9:00 am Chair’s opening address and networking activityWill Beattie - Head of International Business Development CIPS
9:00 am - 9:20 am OPENING KEYNOTE How can you further refine and change your procurement organisation to transform contribution to your businesses P&L?Laszlo Szepesvary - CPO tbc
- How can you work more effectively with other internal departments to demonstrate how procurement can help in these activities?
- What is the best way to demonstrate and document new activities in procurement?
- How can you mature your procurement function to become a department capable of contributing to top line growth
8:00 am - 8:30 am ALL STAR PANEL Shaping your organisation to play a role in top-line growth: What are the proven strategies to make the most of your supplier relationships and add to the top-line growth of your organisation?Frank Hurt - Independent Consultant . Pascal Gielen - CPO Thales Christophe Van Riel - Vice President Procurement Ecolab
- How can you begin to leverage your contact and relationship with your suppliers to sell to them?
- How can you begin setting cross-functional targets and KPIs to push forward the move towards revenue-generating?
- What stage should you begin to intensify or change your relationship with your suppliers?
- How can you identify and approach the suppliers with whom you could develop this type of relationship?
Frank HurtIndependent Consultant
Christophe Van RielVice President Procurement
10:20 am - 11:00 am CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE How can you convince your board and senior management to support more revenue-generating activities in procurement?Irina Povoroznyk - Head of Centralized Procurement Severstal
- What are the best strategies to convince the board and senior management to support more revenue-generating activities in procurement?
- How can you make the business case for an expanded procurement function?
- What are the best ways to develop your relationship with senior management in order to gain more support for procurement transformation?
- How can you secure budget in order to help procurement take on new activities?
Irina PovoroznykHead of Centralized Procurement
11:00 am - 11:40 am Networking Break
11:40 am - 12:20 pm OXFORD STYLE DEBATE Procurement should only be focused on cost-cutting activities – FOR and AGAINST
- Procurement’s core function should be focused on getting the best price for the services it procures for its category
- The cost savings that procurement can create are the most valuable service that procurement can add to the business
- With the rising automation of the procurement function, procurement professionals must diversify their role and add value to the business in other area
- Procurement is ideally placed to develop more connections and branch out in order to contribute to revenue generation
8:00 am - 8:30 am How can you improve your collection and collation of all data to develop focused and actionable intelligence for your procurement strategy?Andrea Blanco - Head of Procurement CSP+A Ecolab Nick Jenkinson - Senior Director Procurement Astellas Dominika Mejer - Head of Strategic Sourcing, IT and Telecoms Corning
- How can you drive investment into data management and data analytics systems?
- What new data do you need to ensure you are able to collect in order to make focused and intelligent decisions?
- How can you drive a culture change within your organisation to use data more effectively?
- What are the best ways to encourage your internal stakeholders to engage with new data management processes?
Andrea BlancoHead of Procurement CSP+A
Nick JenkinsonSenior Director Procurement
Dominika MejerHead of Strategic Sourcing, IT and Telecoms
1:20 pm - 2:20 pm Networking lunch
2:20 pm - 3:00 pm ALL STAR PANEL How will the changing geopolitical landscape impact risk management across your supply chain and what can you do to ensure you are effectively prepared?
- How will the new political, environmental and financial risk landscape impact the way in which you are able to procure?
- How can you implement new risk management strategies to deal with the unknown?
- How can you ensure you are prepared for risk that may impact your supply chain?
- What new risk models can help you stay ahead and avoid impact to your organisation
3:00 pm - 3:20 pm KEYNOTE ADDRESS How can you implement effective risk management within indirect categories to reduce failed and over-budget projects?
- How can you improve the engagement of internal stakeholders to work with procurement to manage the risk of projects?
- What are the best contracting models to implement in order to maintain oversight of all projects?
- How can you manage risk in service-based indirect categories like marketing and HR?
- How can you mitigate risk in all categories?
3:20 pm - 4:00 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE How can you maintain effective oversight across your supply chain to identify slavery and human trafficking concerns early and improve your responsible sourcing strategy?
- What are the new regulations you need to comply with to ensure your supply chain is effectively managed?
- How can you implement stronger oversight of all suppliers with limited budgets and resources?
- What are the key areas of risk that you need to be aware of in order to mitigate risk in your supply chain?
- How can you effectively complete auditing and investigation of suppliers who have breached these rules
4:00 pm - 4:20 pm CLOSING KEYNOTE How can you gain buy-in from internal stakeholders for your risk profiling process in order to ensure all supplier relationships can be subject to the same scrutiny?
- What are the key objections and how can you overcome these?
- How can you roll out a new risk profiling and management system across all categories?
- How can you ensure all stakeholders are complying with new risk profiling?
- What are the best strategies to ensure you maintain oversight over all suppliers?